e-Learning > Range of Courses > Health and Safety Compliance Courses
Manual handling is one of the biggest causes of workplace accidents. Understanding how to lift correctly could help your employees avoid serious injury. This training course will provide your employees with guidance on the correct lifting procedure and some handy hints on the do's and don'ts of manual handling.
Duty of Care statement
• Different manual handling techniques
• Potential lifting hazards
• Safety handling of loads
• Ways of preventing short & long term injuries
• Mechanical aids to help manual handling operations in the workplace
• What is manual handling?
• Manual handling risks
• Manual handling facts
• Acute Pain
• Chronic Pain
• Common manual handling injuries
• What is the load?
• How far is it to be moved?
• Will I need specialist equipment?
• How will the environment affect the task?
The Manual Handling Process
• Lifting loads
• Carrying loads
• Pushing loads
• Pulling loads
Do's and Don'ts
• The Do's of manual handling
• The Don'ts of manual handling
WHO IS IT FOR?
• Every employee who lifts during the working day
• Suitable for office, factory, warehouse, construction or retail staff
Click cart symbol to buy