e-Learning > Range of Courses > Health and Safety Compliance Courses
Laboratory safety is a significant legal and moral responsibility for those who work in both academic and industrial laboratories. This course provides health and safety information about handling laboratory equipment and chemicals and also provides safety and first aid related tips in the event of an emergency. Learning about laboratory safety and following safe practices will help you protect yourself, others, and the equipment that you handle when working in the laboratory.
Duty of Care statement
• State the need for laboratory safety
• State the common sources of hazards in laboratories
• Identify the hazard signs associated with hazardous materials that are commonly used in laboratories
• State safety tips related to various aspect of laboratory safety
• State the steps to be taken in case of emergencies such as spillage, fire and explosion.
Personal Protective Equipment
• State the elements of the PPE regulations which affect you
• Identify various personal protective equipment that are appropriate for laboratory work.
• State the common injuries that result from laboratory accidents
• State what first aid should be given in case of these injuries.
WHO IS IT FOR?
• Laboratory workers
Click cart symbol to buy